The internet is a volatile marketing platform and as a web marketer, you have to keep up with the changes. Online traffic has moved from the desktop to other devices according to Smart Insight Research. From tablets, Smartphones to smart wearables today’s internet user has an array of channels to access this platform. Your eCommerce store has to respond to such shifts by providing a multi-channel user experience.
Innovative Web Design as a Godsend
The solution for your website lies in web design. Over the last few years web designers have had to adapt to the multi-channel environment by coming up with sites that are optimized for all these devices. The initial solution was building mobile websites but this is now being overtaken by responsive web design. If you are in the process of building your website it is imperative to understand which between these two approaches is perfect for your business website.
Breakdown of Mobile Websites
With the increase of internet users on mobile devices websites had to create separate websites to suit this growing market. A mobile sub-site is purposely designed and built for mobile viewing. It might use its own URL or it can be in the main website’s sub-directory as a folder.
Pros of a Mobile Website
- More control of your mobile specific products and services
- Better load time as you only serve u resources for small screen.
- Customized experience leading to happier customers.
- Better ranking as search engines are looking for mobile optimized sites
Cons of a Mobile Website
- Costly because you have to maintain this website on its own and you have to remember it has to be optimized even for larger screen such as tablets. URL management is also tricky as you have to detect and router user devices to this site.
- Duplicate content on your mobile website could lead to Google penalties thus hurting your marketing and SERPs ranking.
Responsive Website Design
This is considered the ultimate solution to the challenges created by mobile internet. A responsive website design displays all your web content across all mobile devices, tablet and PCs. Google loves responsive websites. Responsive Website Design & Development Services India is now an integral part in improving SERP ranking for websites.
Pros of a Responsive Website Design
- The adaptive function is automatic and this means better user experience.
- Custom-tailor experiences ensures higher ranking on search engines and happier visitors.
- You enjoy inexpensive site maintenance as you only have one website across all devices.
- SEO optimization as you are able to use one set of analytics for mobile and desktops.
The downsides associated with responsive web design mostly have to do with the fact that this is still a new technology. When not properly built, your website will experience low loading speeds, though this can easily be resolved by hiring an expert in the field.
Mobile versus responsive web design; clearly the future of website design is in responsive websites. They are cheaper to operate and you enjoy better SERP ranking. What could be better for a marketer?